DATEX II is a multi-part Standard, maintained by CEN Technical Committee 278, Road Transport and Traffic Telematics, see www.itsstandards.eu . CEN – the European Standardization Organisation – is the leading standards development organisation in Europe (see www.cen.eu). CEN Technical Committee 278 addresses Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), and is responsible for the standardisation of the DATEX II data model. CEN/TC278, through National Standards Bodies’ consultation and balloting, adopts new DATEX II standards or modifies existing standards. There are seven parts of the CEN/TC 278 that deal with the DATEX II:
- Part 1: Context and framework
- Part 2: Location referencing
- Part 3: Situation publication
- Part 4: Variable Message Sign (VMS) Publications
- Part 5: Measured and Elaborated Data Publications
- prEN 16157-3 - Part 6: Parking Publication
- prEN 16157-7 - Part 7: Common data elements
The first six Parts of the CEN DATEX II series CEN/TS 16157 have already been approved as Technical Specifications in 2011-2015. The first three parts and seven part of the CEN DATEX II series prEN are under approval as European Standards.
More parts are to follow as new content requirements emerge.
DATEX II version 3.0 can be found here.