In the second half of 2018, we will be present at or host the following meetings:
- 30th of August, Brussels – Parking workshop
- 6th and 7th of September, Aix-en-Provence – EU EIP SA4.5 ‘Liaison and harmonisation on interfaces for data exchange’ meeting
- Joint DATEX II & EU EIP presentation at the ITS World Congress
- DATEX II SG and TMG meetings on the 25th until the 28th of September in Porto, Portugal.
- DATEX II Stakeholder Advisory Board (STAB) meeting, 6th of November, Brussels, Belgium.
- ITS Forum, 15th and 16th of November, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Joint DATEX II SG & TMG meeting on the 18th and 19th of December, in Oslo, Norway.
Featured: DATEX II at ITS World Congress
Collaboration, harmonization, and standardization are key in the European playing field. This session focused on traffic management in a digital world, introducing both the European ITS Platform (EU EIP) and the European standard for the exchange of traffic-related data, DATEX II. A few of their most prominent results were presented: the facilitation of harmonized implementation of NAPs and the DATEX II Light (D2Light) app, showcasing the new capabilities of the DATEX II Light model.
This joint presentation by EU EIP and DATEX II was given on the 20th of September from 10.30h – 11.00h at the EU booth in the Exhibition area.
The session was received well by an audience of over 50 people from different backgrounds. Attendants of the session were able to win a free delegate pass to the ITS Forum, to be organized in Utrecht (NL) on the 15th and 16th of November 2018. The winner was announced at the end of the session: Patrick Hofman from MAPtm. Congratulations!
- Marjolein Masclee, Rijkswaterstaat, the Netherlands
- Torsten Geissler, BASt, Germany
- Bard de Vries, U-TREX, the Netherlands
Featured: ITS Forum 2018
The EU ITS Platform brings together the key European players cooperating to establish an open forum which provides a joint contribution to future strategy and contributes to the policy recommendations for the improved development and deployment of ITS services along European Road Corridors.
The ITS Forum is organised by European ITS Platform and will take place on 14 -15 November at t the LEF Future Center at the head office of Rijkswaterstaat in Utrecht, the Netherland.
Main theme of the ITS Forum 2018 is “Traffic Management in a changing world – Digitalization, Multimodality, Smart Infrastructures”. The focus of the Forum will be on Traffic Management and its current challenges. The European ITS Platform and CEF ITS corridors are grounded on experiences and contributions from road authorities/road operators, which have a 24/7 task to manage the traffic on their road network. Traffic management is the key measure assumed by road operators to improve the quality of services delivered to users: improve safety, reduce congestion, provide traffic information.
For more information about ITS Forum 2018 click here.